Bernice K. Leber
Bernice K. Leber’s practice concentrates on the prosecution and defense of complex civil business disputes, with an emphasis on those involving commercial disputes (real property, securities, financial and intellectual property). She also handles professional liability cases, ethics and disciplinary matters involving lawyers, law firms and accountants.
She served as New York State Bar President from 2008-2009.
Bernice has handled, over her career, the following intellectual property, contract cases, and alternative dispute resolution matters, among others, for notable fashion industry clients:
- Raske et al. v. Next Management, LLC, Wilhelmina Models, Inc., Ford Models Inc., et al., in winning a dismissal of all allegations against a modeling agency client, as well as in the subsequent class action involving Shanklin, et al.
- Givenchy Inc. v. Wm. Stuart Inc., in successfully defending the licensee’s right to distribute trademarked goods throughout Canada and the US.
- J.K.Walkden Ltd. v. Lord & Taylor, in winning a $3.0 million jury verdict against the retailer in the fur industry.
- White House/Black Market Inc. and Chico’s v. Cache, Farhang, in successfully defending and winning dismissal of the preliminary injunction/damage action against the retailer over a non-compete clause.
- Readmob Technologies v. David’s Bridal
- Fears, et al v. Wilhelmina Model Agency, Inc., Ford Models, Inc. (f.k.a Ford Model Agency), et al.
- Men Women N.Y. Model Management Inc. v. Ford Models, Inc.
- Ford Models Inc. v. Next Management Inc.
- Davis v. Sketchers USA
- Nancy Johnson v. Carmen Marc Valvo
- John Forsyth v. Gitano Licensing Ltd.
- Les Fourrures Global v. Lord & Taylor
- Winter v. Jones Apparel Group
- Boynton v. Kahn-Lucas-Lancaster; In Re G Survivor Corp. f/k/a The Gitano Group, Inc.
- Gonzalez v. Guez and Sasson Jeans, Ltd. et al.
- Shaw v. Budget Dress Co.
- Plaque v. Revillon Inc.
- Cintas v. Kaplan; In Re Antonovich